- D.J.Roulston, S.G.Chamberlain, J.Sehgal, 'Simplified computer-aided analysis of double
diffused transistors including two-dimensional high-level effects', IEEE Trans. Electron
Devices, ED-19, pp 809-820, June 1972.
- R.B. Schilling, 'Self-consistent regional approach to computer aided design', RCA Prod. Eng.
- R.J. Van Overstraeten, H.J. de Man, R.P. Mertens, 'Transport equations in heavy doped
silicon', IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, ED-20, pp 290-298, March 1973.
- J.W. Slotboom "The pn product in silicon", Solid State Electronics, 20, pp 279-283, 1977.
- D.M. Caughey, R.E. Thomas, 'Carrier mobilities in silicon empirically related to doping and
field', Proc. IEEE, 55, pp 2192-2193, Dec. 1967.
- I.N. Hajj, D.J. Roulston, P.R. Bryant, 'Generation of transient response of nonlinear bipolar
transistor circuits from device fabrication data', IEEE Journal Solid State Circuits, SC-12, pp
29-38, Feb. 1977.
- N.G. Chamberlain, D.J. Roulston, 'Determination of minority carrier lifetimes in bipolar
transistors from low current hFE fall-off', IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, ED-23, pp
1346-1348, Dec. 1976.
- N.G. Chamberlain, D.J. Roulston, 'Modeling of emitter-base bulk and peripheral space charge
recombination currents in bipolar transistors', IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, ED-23, pp
1355-1346, Dec. 1976.
- R. van Overstraeten and H. de Man, 'Measurement of the ionization rates in diffused silicon
P-N junctions', Solid State ELectronics, 13, p583, (1970).
- A.G. Chynowith, "Ionization rates for electrons and holes in silicon", Phys. Rev. 109, pp
- C.R.Crowell, S.M.Sze, "Temperature dependence of avalanche multiplication in
semiconductors", Appl. Phys. Lett. 9, pp242-244, 1966.
- C.A.Lee et al, "Ionization rates of holes and electrons in silicon", Phys. Rev. 134,
- J.Conradi, 'Temperature Effects in Silicon Avalanche Diodes', Solid State Electronics,
17, pp99-106, (1974).
- D.J.Roulston, N.D.Arora, S.G.Chamberlain, "Modelling and measurement of minority carrier
lifetime in heavy doped N diffused silicon diodes", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, ED-29, pp
284-291, Feb 1982.
- N.D.Arora, J.R.Hauser, D.J.Roulston, "Electron and hole mobilities in silicon as a function
of concentration and temperature", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, ED-29, pp 292-295, Feb.
- D.J.Roulston, A.A.Eltoukhy, "Bipolar Device Simulation using a Combination of 1D
Regional and 2D Regional Numerical Analysis", Third International Conference on
Numerical Analysis of Semiconductor Devices, (NASECODE III) IEEE and IECE, Galway,
Ireland, June 1983, Proceedings pp236-241, Boole Press, Dublin
- A.A.Eltoukhy, D.J.Roulston, "The role of the interfacial layer in polysilicon emitter bipolar
transistors", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol ED 29, pp 1862-1869, Dec. 1982.
- G.W.Bakker, D.J.Roulston, A.A.Eltoukhy, "Effective recombination velocity of polysilicon
contacts for bipolar transistors", Electronics Letters, vol. 20, pp 622-624, July 1984.
- I. Getreu, "Modelling the Bipolar Transistor", Tektronix Inc., part no. 062-2841-00, 1976.
- D. Scott, D.J.Roulston, "Ic-Vce characteristics of double diffused transistors under low-level
injection", Solid State Electronics, 23, pp 201-207, 1980.
- D.J.Roulston, A.A.Eltoukhy, "Modelling bulk and surface recombination in the sidewall
space-charge layer of an emitter-base junction", IEE Proc. Part I, Solid State and Electron
Devices, vol 132 pp 205 - 209, Oct. 1985
- D.J.Roulston, "Low current base-collector boundary conditions in GHz frequency transistors",
Solid State Electronics, 18, pp427-429, 1975.
- D.T.Cheung, S.Y.Chiang, G.I.Pearson, "A simplified model for graded-gap heterojunctions",
Solid State Electronics, vol 18, pp263-266, 1975.
- A.A.Eltoukhy, D.J.Roulston, "A complete analytic model for the base and collector current
in lateral PNP transistors", Solid State Electronics vol 27, pp 69-75, 1984.
- F.Hebert, D.J.Roulston, "Current dependence of forward delay time of bipolar transistors",
Electronics Letters, vol 22, pp 126-127, Jan. 1986.
- D.J.Roulston, M.Depey, "Emitter-collector breakdown voltage BVceo versus gain hfe for
various NPN collector doping levels", Electronics Letters 16, pp595-596, July 1980.
- A.A.Eltoukhy, D.J.Roulston, "An efficient method for the analysis of the space charge region
of diffused junctions", Solid State Electronics, 25, pp 829-831, 1982.
- D.J.Roulston, "Bipolar Semiconductor Devices", McGraw-Hill, New York, 1990.
- E-F Chor, A. Brunnschweiler, P. Ashburn, "A propagation delay expression and its
application to the optimization of polysilicon emitter ECL processes", IEEE Jnl of Solid State
Circuits, vol 23, pp 251-259, Feb. 1988.
- P.Ashburn, "Design and realization of bipolar transistors", John Wiley and Sons, Chichester,
- P. Antognetti, Q. Massobrio, "Semiconductor Device Modelling with SPICE", McGraw-Hill
2nd Edition, 1993.
- J.M. McGregor, D.J. Roulston, "Modelling SiGe and GaAlAs-GaAs Heterojunction Bipolar
Transistors with the BIPOLE simulation program", Numerical Analysis of Semiconductor
Devices, NASECODE VII Conference Proceedings, pp. 102-104, Colorado, April 1991.
- G.A.M. Hurx, D.B.M. Klaassen, M.P.G. Knuvers, "A new recombination model for device
simulation including tunneling", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, ED-39, pp. 331-338, Feb.
- P. Vande Voorde, D. Pettengill, Soo-Young Oh, "Hybrid simulation and sensitivity analysis
for advanced bipolar device design and process development", IEEE Bipolar Circuits &
TechnologyMeeting,Proceeedings,pp 114-117, September 1990.
- W.Fang, "Accurate Analytical Delay Expressions for ECL and CML Circuits and their
Applications to Optimizing High-Speed Bipolar Circuits",IEEE Jnl. Solid State Circuits, vol
25, pp 572-583, April, 1990
- J. del Alamo, S. Swirhun, R.M. Swanson, "Simultaneous measurement of hole lifetime, hole
mobility and band gap narrowing in heavily doped n-type silicon", IEDM Tech. Digest, pp
290-293, December, 1985.
- S.C. Jain, D.J. Roulston, "A simple expression for band-gap narrowing (BGN) in heavily
doped Si, Ge and GexSi1-x strained layers", Solid State Electronics, 34, pp 445-452, May 1991.
- J.M. McGregor, D.J. Roulston, J.S. Hamel, M. Vaidyanathan, S.C. Jain, P. Balk, "A simple
expression for ECL propagation delay including non-quasi static effects", Solid State
Electronics, Vol 36, pp 391-396, March 1993.
- F.Hebert, D.J.Roulston, "Computation of Base resistance of Bipolar Transistors from Layout
Details Including Two Dimensional Effects at Low Currents and Low Frequencies", Solid
State Electronics, 31, pp283-290, Feb 1988.
- D.J.Roulston, F.Hebert, "Study of Delay Times Contributing to ft of Bipolar Transistors",
IEEE Electron Device Letters, EDL-7, pp461-462, Aug. 1986.
- D.J.Roulston, D.P.Gold, P. Ashburn, G.R. Booker, "Study of thin oxide tunnel parameters for polysilicon emitters, using computer simulation and experimental results", Solid State Electronics, 33, pp 753-755, June 1990.
- C.D.Thurmond, "The standard thermodynamic functions for the formation of electrons and
holes in Ge, Si, GaAs and GaP", Jnl. Electrochem. Soc., 122 p1133, 1975
- Y.P. Tsividis, "Accurate analysis of temperature effects in Ic-Vbe characteristics with application to bandgap reference sources", IEEE Jnl. Solid State Circuits, vol SC-15, pp 1676, Dec.
- S.L. Lin and A.T. Salama, "A Vbe(T) model with application to bandgap reference design", IEEE Jnl. Solid State Circuits, vol SC-20, p1283, Dec. 1985
- A.K. Hennig et al, "Substrate current at cryogenic temperature: measurements and two dimensionsl model for CMOS technology", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol ED-34 p64, Feb.
- G. Masetti, M. Severi, S. Solmi, "Modeling of carrier mobility against carrier concentration in arsenic, phosphorous and boron doped silicon", IEEE Trans. Electron Dveices, vol ED-30,
p 764, July 1983.
- D.B.M. Klaassen, "A unified mobility model for device simulation: I Model equations and concentration dependence", Solid State Electronics, vol 35, p 953, 1992.
- S.Selberher, at al, "The evolution of the Minimos mobility model", Solid State Electronics, vol 33, p1425, 1990.
- M. Chrzanowska-Jeske and R.C. Jaeger, "BILOW - Simulation of low temperature bipolar device behaviour", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol ED-36, p 147, August 1989.
- D.B.M. Klaassen, J.W.Slotboom, H.C. de Graaf, "Unified apparent bandgap in N and P type silicon", Solid Satte Electronics, vol 35, pp 152, 1992.
- M.E. Law et al, "Self consistent model of minority carrier lifetime, diffusion length , and mobility", IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol 12, pp401-403, August 1991.
- A.D. Sadovnikov, D.J. Roulston, "CONTUR - a subroutine for sidewall capacitance calculation', University of Waterloo, Elect. & Comp. Engrg. Dept. Internal Report, January 1995.
- A.D. Sadovnikov, D.J. Roulston, "SPICE parameter extraction in BIPOLE using optimization methods", University of Waterloo, Elect. & Comp. Engrg. Dept. Internal Report, January 1996.
- C. McAndrew, J. Seitchik, D. Bowers, M. Dunn, M. Foisy, I. Getreu, M. McSwain, J. Parker, P. Van Wijnen, L. Wagner, "VBIC95: An improved vertical, IC bipolar transistor model", BCTM 1995, Proceedings, pp 170- 177.
- A.D.Sadovnikov, D.J.Roulston, D.Celi, "Extraction of SPICE BJT Model Parameters in BIPOLE3 Using Optimization Methods", IEEE Trans. Computer Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol 15, pp 1332-1339, Nov. 1996.
- A.D.Sadovnikov, D.J.Roulston, "A New Numerical Method for Quasi-Three-Dimensional Small-Signal Simulation of Silicon Bipolar Transistors", Solid State Electronics, vol 41, no. 1 pp 33-40, 1996.
- T. Manku, J.M.McGregor, A.Nathan, D.J.Roulston, J.-P. Noel,
"Drift hole mobility in strained and unstrained doped doped Si1-xGex
alloys", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol 40, pp 1990-1996, Nov. 1993.
- R. People, "Indirect band gap of coherently strained GexSi1-x bulk
alloys on 001 substrate", Physical Review B, 32(2), 1405-1408 (1985).
- Maurice Glicksman, "Mobility of electrons in germanium-silicon alloys",
Phys Rev 111, (1) 125-128 (1958)
- S.Krishnamurthy, App Phys Lett, C 47, 160 (1985)
- J.S.Marsland, "Temperature dependence of ionization coefficients in silicon derived
from physical model", Electronics Letters, vol 27, pp 1997-1998, No 22, 1991
- P.F.Lu,"Low-temperature avalanche multiplication in the collector-base
junction of advanced n-p-n transistors", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices vol ED-37,
pp 762-767, March 1990.
- E.F.Crabbe, J.M.C.Stork, G.Baccarani, M.V.Fischetti, S.E.Laux,
"The impact of nonequilibrium transport on breakdown and transit time in bipolar
transistors", IEDM Tech. Digest, 1990, pp 463-366.
- A.Sadovnikov, D.J.Roulston, "A comparison of hydrodynamic models of silicon
bipolar transistors", NASECODE IX, Colorado, USA, Proceedings pp 9-10.
- A.D.Sadovnikov, D.J.Roulston, "Critical assessment of different hydrodynamical
models for avalanche multiplication calculation in silicon bipolar transistors"
SISDEP, Vienna, Austria, September 1993.